Since 2001, Dobie Associates Inc. is a Los Angeles-based Business Strategy Consulting firm serving LA County, Orange County, and the surrounding Southern California areas. Doug Dobie built his management consulting business with the single-minded purpose of helping clients compete and grow their businesses through rigorousbusiness strategy development and hands-on in the trenches execution.
Why Dobie Associates
Five facts that matter when choosing a Strategic Management ConsultingTeam:
1. How can a management consulting firm help me if they can’t grow their own business and consulting services?
Doug Dobie expanded Dobie Associates, Inc., from 1 to 12 business management and marketing consultants which generated nearly 50% annual revenue growth from 2005 through 20012.
2. This is just a numbers game to these guys – consultants come in, tell us what we already know, create a binder of stuff, and leave all the time.
Dobie Associates’ average client tenure is more than two years and renewal rate after first engagement is 90%. We go above and beyond to be an integral part of our clients’ corporate business from start to finish, from strategic planning, organizational development and strategy execution.
3. Management and marketing consultants are guys who can’t do much and haven’t accomplished much.
Doug Dobie was recognized as 2007, Advertising Age Marketer of Year for his work with MTVN and Amp’d Mobile. He has garnered trusted working relationships with the CEO’s, President’s and CMO’s from top companies in the wireless, content, entertainment, software and manufacturing sectors.
4. These guys provide management consulting services to the big companies, I’m a little guy – I need to get ROI on my consulting investment.
Dobie Associates makes its greatest impact in companies under $5 million in annual revenue; two recent clients have seen 30% top line growth – in the worst economy since the depression – based on consulting services from Dobie Associates.
5. Once these guys leave, I’m stuck trying to implement an organizational strategy that is neither realistic or actionable.”
The Dobie Team takes strategy execution seriously from day one. We provide strategic planning and develop a “knowledge transfer” matrix and work with clients to add key skills and capabilities simultaneously to work stream deliverables. The Dobie team will work to identify talent, on-board new employees and see the organizational implementation through both Dobie resources and client’s to meet timelines and deliverable schedules. We’re there to the end. See renewal rates above.
Our Approach to Strategy Development
- Collaborate. Identify and team with our client’s key stakeholders and subject matter experts throughout the organization to assure alignment and mutual success.
- Catalytic. Serve as a conduit, sounding board and catalyst for new ideas and change within our client’s organizations.
- Concentrate. Focus on the core drivers of our client’s business, not the symptoms; avoid chasing shiny objects.
- Continuous. Provide knowledge transfer to our clients throughout the engagement, enhancing necessary skills to ensure the strategy initiatives and programs fit our client’s capabilities; our recommendations must be measurable and able to be implemented.
- Client Centric. Bring energy and enthusiasm to our client’s workplace. Create an open, non-political, professional work environment.
Partial List of Dobie Clients:
- Amp’d Mobile, Los Angeles, CA
- Amber Watch Foundation, Irvine, CA
- Best Buy, Minneapolis, MN
- Business Machines Company, Lansing, MI
- Chicago Tribune, Chicago, IL
- Clearwire, Inc., Seattle, WA
- Facionic, Cologne, Germany
- FLO TV, A Qualcomm Division, San Diego, CA
- Fluidmaster, Inc., San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Highmark, Inc., Huntington Beach, CA
- HireRight, Inc, Irvine, CA
- ICC- ES, Whittier, CA
- International Accreditation Service, Whittier, CA
- International Code Council, Whittier, CA
- Intuit-Mint, Mountain View, CA
- Mandalay Digital Group, Los Angeles, CA
- Motorola, Inc. Libertyville, IL
- Motorsport Aftermarket Group, Irvine, CA
- Norriseal ( A Dover Company), Houston, TX
- Osprey Retail Systems, New Bedford, MA
- PCN, Sacramento, CA
- Progress Software, Bedford, MA
- Qualcomm Inc., San Diego, CA
- Sage Software, Inc, Irvine, CA
- Salesforce.Com, San Francisco, CA
- Sonance, Inc., San Clemente, CA
- Toyota Material Handling, Irvine, CA
- Verizon Wireless, Bedminster, NJ
- Visual.ly, San Francisco, CA